From:
Jerri Carel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:11:22 -0500
Would those of you who either live in the Louisville area or have
knowledge of a good ferret vet in this area please share your vet
information with me?

I am currently using a very knowledgeable vet who is said to be "The Ferret
Vet" in Kentucky - as in the best, not the only.  His initials are SV.  I
have been, for the most part, pleased with his care to date, (except for
an incident with my dog) but feel that the length of visit is too short,
and the price is much too high.  $42 for a vaccine, when you hve 10 is
just too much.  I feel like he's in such a rush to get to the next room.

Before I moved to this area, I was fortunate enough to have a vet who
believed so strongly in making sure that people took proper care of their
pets that he charged $10 for a vaccine with no office visit charge.
Adrenal surgeries were $150 -vs- the $300-$400 I'm seeing here.  Now I
realize the $150 is probably low-end, but there must be a middle ground
available somewhere.

Worse yet, I'm hearing some very negative feedback from some in the animal
welfare community in the area regarding this particular vet.

I definately need some alternatives here.

Thanks for your help,

--
Jerri Carel
Louisville, KY