From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:56:05 -0500
>From:    "Long, Katharine" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: How I Find the Time
>I think finding the time requires a desire to do so and a commitment to
>your animals.

Amen Katharine!  You are exactly right.  Our companion animals are our
responsibility and unfortunately, some people choose to be a little on the
lazy side when it comes to "making" time for their pets.  I love to sleep
in just like the next person, but I don't.  I get up at 6:30 am, let my
first group of four fuzzies out to play, strip their cage down, sanitize,
put in fresh bedding, litter, food and water.  In the meantime, I am
getting myself ready for work, manage to wrestle a few fuzzies on the floor
and clean a few other litter box areas in the house.  At 7:45 am, I give my
one fuzzy his meds, and put the first group to bed.  I let the second group
of two out (they are terrified of the others).  I clean their cage, give
them fresh food, water and litter, play with them for a bit, try to grab a
quick breakfast, make lunch for work and then I am off to work and out the
door at 8:25 am.  (I leave these two have free roam of the ferret-proofed
finished basement which is where all their toys and fuzzy hammocks are.)  I
come home at 5:15 pm, start all over again with the first group, let each
group play longer, do some of my housework, work on my paperwork for my
job, have dinner, shower and am in bed by 10 pm.  I love every minute I
spend with my precious little ones.  I am reminded every day on the FML,
how they are here for such a short time and we need to spend quality time
with them.

>My husband isn't always entirely enamored with the time I spend with the
>animals, but he manages to live through it.  He knows that the animals are
>the #1 priority in our home and doesn't dare ask me to choose (he knows
>what the answer would be <g>).

*LOL* - I used to be married and my ex-husband used to complain that I had
too many fuzzies and that I was "obsessed" with them.  So, I did the right
thing and got rid of him! ;-)

Seriously, animals depend on us for shelter, food, water and love (even
wildlife when they are in need).  I can't imagine not wanting to rush home
to see my little ones and when I wake up in the morning, it warms my heart
when they all pile out of their hammys to give me morning kisses!  I have
had some very hectic last two years where I wondered how I would cope with
finding time and making sure they were truly happy.  I had no social life
and had to cut corners when necessary.  I managed and I would do it all
over again!

Warm fuzzy hugs & kisses!
Tracy
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah