From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:31:47 EDT
Sukie says,
>To heck with fancy looks!  Let's emphasize health, longevity, and
>personality.

I agree Sukie... whole heartedly.  I personally think that until we have
more information ,etc these coloration breedings should be culled.  I do.
I don't see how we can separate deafness, life span, and other problems
associated with some forms of WS from WS bred ferrets.  Some think maybe
we can breed "fancies" and breed out the deafness, etc.  I don't think its
a matter of just deafness for one thing.  For another as I said, I don't
think as of today we can do such a thing.

Yes, I have "fancy ferrets" that I care for.  Yes, I encourage positive
relationshipe with these ferrets and owners.  Yes, my name often associted
with care of deaf ferrets.  That does not mean I condone the breeding of
ferrets for beauty, fancifullness, and with the WS gene.  Yes, I have a
comprehensive site on deafness... and some day will have a comprehensive
sight on WS.  Some day.  But how can I make a site on WS when I keep
having more and more questions.  We need a study NOW.

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
For information on deafness in ferrets: