From:
Sue Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:44:09 EDT
I am owned by 6 ferrets at the moment.  Ferret math has struck again
though.  Went to my local Petco today to pick up some Ferrettone for
nailclipping.  I know Petco is not the best place..I have been trying to
educate a couple of local stores for a couple years now.  Was met by two
of the most adorable little girls.  They are 6 weeks old and from Marshall
Farms.  I have never had ECE in my home and am afraid of bringing it home.
The clerk at the store told me she wouldn't advise purchasing a Marshall
Farms ferret because they are weaned at 4 weeks of age and they raise
ferrets for animal testing.  Yet, she sells Marshall Farm Ferrets.  I am
not bashing Marshall Farms.  My first 2 ferrets were Marshall Farms Ferrets
and they are wonderful fuzzies.  My next 3 came from a reputable ferret
shelter and my last one came from a private individual who also operates
a ferret shelter.

I am very worried about bringing in ECE for two reasons.  First, I don't
want this particularly nasty disease in my house and second, I have an
insulinomic ferret to whom ECE would be very detrimental.  I have been
advised by a friend that "Pet Store" ferrets carry ECE .

Any advise would be welcome as I really am wanting to go and grab these
little girls up and bring them home.

Thanks,
Sue and the gang of  6 carpetshark fuzzies