Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:14:49 -0700
Sukie wrote re: a urine collection technique: Jake's vet suggested the
following (and I can only cite it's success X1!)

- Long after the soul (whose fluids are to be collected) goes to slumber,
empty the litter box and refill with clean, fresh 'unpopped' corn!  You'd
be surprised how many times I attempted this until I grasped the concept
of "unpopped"!!

- Get the critter in question up early in the AM, before the unsuspecting
soul knows they're being observed!

- If you have succeded in waking the fuzzy before they are fully aroused,
they will jump into the box to complete their morning 'toliet'.

- As the ferret in question turns to 'sniff' the product of their labors,
snatch the litter box from their house, and strain the urine into a clean
container.

- Turn to cleave the ferret in question from your thigh, attempting to
reassure them that what you are doing is in their best interest!

- Place the container into the refrigerator .  .  .  making sure to label
it's contents.  REMEMBER: Sometimes what appears to be apple juice .  .  .
is not apple juice!

How this helps!

Garry & Jake ([log in to unmask])