Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 17:19:25 EDT
Well, it's been close to two weeks since I first posted about the MIT
ferrets, and I'm feeling like the girl who cried wolf (or is it ferret).
The person who initially told me about them is a bit of an attention
seeker, and I went out on a limb trusting her to do her part of the work of
locating these ferrets, if they ever even existed.  The last I heard from
her, she was going to send me the email address of the person in charge of
these alleged ferrets, and if she does, I'll send that along to the local
shelters who have been in touch with me.  If not, well, the best case
scenario is that these ferrets never existed and I look stupid, which is
fine by me if there are no ferrets in danger.  The worst case scenario is
tragic, and I truely hope that this is not the case.

Sigh.  One of the best things about ferrets is that they are purely honest
through and through-- sure, they can be sneaky about getting what they
want, but their goals and motives are usually transparent...

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

       The walls and the ceiling are painted in blood
       The lights go down, the red curtains come apart
    The room is full of smoke and dialogue I know by heart
          And the coins in my pocket jingle-jangle