From:
"M. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:08:56 -0400
Furrity, my little Shfeester-Peace, whom I know and love and kiss and hug
each day, was playing happily in the kitchen.  My son and my nephew wanted
to walk to my mother's house.  Arrangements were made, and off they went,
only to come back because they had forgotten something.  My son came in to
fetch what they had forgotten, and my nephew disappeared.  We couldn't find
him ANYWHERE!!  We were freaking out!  We looked high and low, yelled and
screamed.  I decided I'd stay calm until I looked at my mother's.  We
hopped in the car and rode to my mom's, to find my nephew there!  He had
taken off by himself without telling anyone.  Boy were we mad at him!!

I came back home.  Furrity had been left in the kitchen with the gate up
and the door closed, perfectly safe - or so I thought.  I looked for him,
but couldn't find him.  I looked in his bed, thinking he'd gotten bored
and went to sleep.  Nope.  I started to feel a little panicky, but
continued to look in all nooks and crannies while calling out his name.
He was NOWHERE!!  Okay, I was in a full fledged panic!!  I ran upstairs
to see if he had went into the bathroom and gotten behind the bathtub (my
last ferret did that, fell from the second floor to the first, next to the
chimney, hole had to be cut in the wall to get him out!), but I could not
tell.  There was no evidence.  I was beginning to freak out!  I prayed the
urgent prayer, "Dear God, help me find Furrity, please, please, please,
please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,
please, OH PLEASE!!!!" You guys know that prayer?  I stopped yelling
"Furrity" and listened.  I could hear something, but I couldn't find the
him.  Where was he?

I happened to glance out on the front porch.  My roof is in very bad
condition, and the two porches leak.  There was a board on the front porch
ceiling that I noticed a couple weeks ago that was coming lose.  Well, it
had fallen.  I thought how odd.  I just assumed it would fall when it was
wet from rain.  I heard Furrity running above my head on the first floor,
but I couldn't find him upstairs.  He must be in-between the first and
second floor!  He must've gone behind the bathtub!  How would I ever get
him?  I thought, could the space between the floors include access to the
porch ceiling?  I got the ladder, all the while saying my urgent prayer.  I
yelled Furrity!  I climbed the ladder.  He poked his head out of the porch
ceiling hole!!!  He had that look on his face as if to say, "Hey Mom!  Look
at me!" I grabbed him!!  Sweet Relief!!  I hugged him!  I kissed him!!
He is the cutest thing!!  I love him!  I love him!  I love him!!  I said
"NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!"

Then, I proceeded to say another prayer, "Thank you God for keeping Furrity
safe and helping me to find him.  Thank you!!  Thank you!!  Thank you!!
Thank you!!  Thank you!!  Thank you!!  Thank you!!  Thank you!!  Thank
you!!!!!"

Schfeester-Peace proceeded to take a nappy-noodle in his beddy-bye.

He must've jumped from the top of his cage to the counter.  That was quite
a jump!  Thank you, Lord, for the leaky, falling down roof!

SHOOWEEE!!  That is enough for me!!!

Excuse me while I gaze upon the beauty of my Favority-O-Friend!

Peace in Christ!
Melanie and Furrity