From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:41:00 -0700
Hi Folks and Ferts!

Well, first off, thanks to Sarah Coyle, who sent me the following info:
A Pet Industry magazine in Syndey, Australia printed a table of US
statistics where Ferrets WERE in fact listed third after cats and dogs,
but it did not relate from where this information came.

Second issue: A huge thanks to Chris Mathis, for her generous offer of two
Runner the ferrets as prizes for a Lost Ferrets contest.  These are being
donated by a friend of hers who owns a gift shop.  Thanks so much!!  These
will be the prizes for the one-day Trick-or-Treat contest, to be held on
Halloween!  So keep your eyes out for that.

On a similar note, the Lost Ferrets Treasure Hunt is going well.  Not a
whole lot of entries yet.  So, come on guys, visit
www.geocities.com/lostferrets, find the first clue, and get site-hopping.

A question: Anyone else have a fert who chooses to sleep in her litter box?
On the top level of their cage, I put a plastic shoebox for a litter box.
Last time I did a thorough cleaning on the cage, I washed all the litter
boxes out completely, and ever since, my youngest, Tasha, has chosen to
curl up in the clean (thankfully, no one has used it...) litter and sleep.
It is now her favorite spot.  She has opted to sleep there rather than
the number of hammocks, sleep sacks, snuggly dirty laundry, (yes, I admit
it...it covers my floor) snuggly clean laundry, snuggly bed, etc., and she
has forsaken sleeping with the other two.  All for the sake of sleeping in
a litter box, snuggled down into the Yesterday's News.  I swear, I don't
know what I'm gonna do with her.  The nut.

Well, I guess that'll be it for now.  Have a great day, all!  Kisses,
nuzzles, scritches, dooks, and other forms of fert-love to all the fuzzies.

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets