From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:13:31 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I got a letter in the mail today from Linda Rodriguez' lawyer, regarding
my website.  They want all the material removed that has to do with her,
Loving Ferrets Shelter, the SPCA raid, the ferrets that were seized, the
status of those ferrets; basically anything having to do with Linda or
Loving Ferrets Shelter.  If anyone is interested in having a look at the
site, before I'm legally forced (if that's possible) to remove it, its
www.kistaferret.com/rescue.html

I don't want to do this.  I have had many a person contact me after
reading about that awful shelter, and having contact with Linda, and then
surrendering their ferret here,or to another reputable shelter, rather
than there, or in 2 cases, actually keeping the ferret.  I worry if that
information is not up on the internet, for others to read, that she will
continue to abuse and neglect more and more animals.  She continues to
shelter ferrets, and has multiple ads in the yellow pages, Ferrets
Magazine, and other local newspapers.  Knowing the conditions that she
keeps her animals makes me physically sick.  I want to continue to expose
her for the abuser that she is.

After speaking with her lawyer, I was basically told if the photos and
information are NOT removed IMMEDIATELY, that I will be criminally charge,
on a Defamation of Character charge and violating her fourth amendment
rights.  The photos have been supressed by a judge, and cannot be used in
a court of law, but I don't see how they can legally tell me to remove my
thoughts, observations and experience regarding those 29 ferrets.  I can
understand having to remove the photos of her home during the seizure, but
not the entire experience.  Is anyone a lawyer that knows my rights (if
any)?  I think I still have freedom of speech, and I'm still allowed to
have an opinion.  I worry that next she'll be sueing me for the return of
those 29 ferrets, since now her slick lawyers have somehow overturned the
search warrant that resulted in them being seized.

I will be gone this weekend, but if anyone is familiar w/NJ law, and would
like to help me, I would be so appreciative.  You can email me at this
address, or call me at 609.978.5899.

Thank you,

Kim Rushing
KiSta Ferret Shelter