From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:52:05 -0800
Dooks all!
I've finished and uploaded 2 more fuzzy themes!  A thank you goes out to
the shelters that allowed me the use of pictures of their adoptable and
past residents.  As soon (and I actually hope it doesn't happen!!  That
would mean that no one is "throwing away" ferrets!) as I get some
adoptables in here, I'll be using their pics as well.

Another note: I'm listed with the local Humane Society (they don't actively
run a shelter here, the local shelter is privately owned) and expect to get
calls from the president.  Well, I got one from her--about a chinchilla!  I
don't know diddly about a chinchilla!  LOL She was calling me because she
was at a complete loss as to what to tell the (soon-to-be-former) owner
about dropping them at a shelter.  Between the two of us, we figured the
local rabbit shelter would know more...I just had to laugh!

As for the raw chicken, my boys licked at it, but wouldn't eat it.  Miss
PeaPie sniffed and promptly turned her nose up at it.  Could it have
something to do with the spices I was cooking the rest of the chicken in?
(No spices on what I offered them.) I mean, this stuff was really
strong--you couldn't have smelled anything over it!

Well, it's feeding time at the zoo here, so I'm off...1 dog, 1.5 cats
(the .5 is a cat that stays outside and claims ownership of my father and
myself), 3 ferts, 2 kids, a gaggle of fish, oh, and a bear of a hubby!!

Blessings and healing thoughts to all the sick, whether they be furred,
feathered or otherwise....

Tammy & the Crew
War Dance Haven

Trying to explain ferret math to a non-ferret owner is like trying to
explain physics to a 3 year old.