From:
Josh Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:11:05 -0000
Hey All!

Well, I have been reading the FML stuff for a couple months and have
basically just watched as things were discussed and everything.  Still,
I have learned a lot about fuzzies and whatnot.  Anyway, I've seen some
funny stuff too, as well as sad stories.

Well, I have two ferrets I am keeping and caring for in the absence of my
girlfriend, who bought them a few months back.  Pyretta(sf) is a Sable and
Steele(nm) is a silver mitt with a little bit of yellow creepin in.  Both
are the quite interesting and even fit quite closely to their names.  Both
were named for a part of a band my girlfriend and I like, Type O Negative.
Steele is named after Peter Steele, the frontman/bassist and is huge just
like his human counterpart.  Pyretta's name was taken from a song called
Pyretta Blaze, and, just like the song, she is fiery and very energetic,
quite the opposite of her sluggish brother, Steele(who isn't 'fat'...but is
slower in comparison).  Both used to be horrible biters from the moment we
bought the little fuzzies from Petco a few months back.  The first day they
put a nice series of cuts on my hands and on my girlfriends hands, leaving
her in the end with a thumb cut that took 2 weeks to heal.  It took a while
to get them to calm down.  I had to use gloves while taking them out of
their home.

They tore up their little hammock within a few weeks, but I replaced it
with a simpler, comfier towel folded just right so they can climb in and
be all wrapped up and all that.  They haven't done a bit of damage to the
towel and it remains their ONLY spot to sleep(as they seem unimpressed with
my bed or anything that I find comfy).  Like I said, they were biters, but
during a particularly rotten fight(that was originally playful wrestling),
I was forced to be rough with them(at least a little).  I scared both of
them, I guess, because since then, there has not been a single fight, and
their biting has dropped to such minimal occurrances that one could say
they stopped almost altogether.  I felt bad being so mean as to scare them
that one night, but they have bonded with me very closely and even react
to my emotions in very appropriate ways.

The other day, something bad happened and it brought me down into a very
depressed mood, but something really helped me get back up again.  I was
laying on the floor while they hopped around, dooking and flipping over
everything, just trying to get over my own depressing thoughts.  I guess
they sensed my mood and, for the first time ever, they REALLY came to me.
Now they would usually come to me to play or just to run around me or
see what I was doing and see if they could do something to aggrivate me
somehow, but this was different.  Almost like a mother would try to soothe
her children, my babies came up to me and gave me more little ferret kisses
on my face than ever before(usually they would attack my ear or nose).
They really brought me back up and made me feel a lot better.  I've had
pets show compassion before, but never before with ferrets, and never so
young.

This was truly suprising.

So they might not be the best or worst theives and/or troublemakers.  They
might not compare(yet) to the capers many other FMLer's fuzzies might make.
Its the funniest thing when I watch Pyretta try with all her little might
to pull my girlfriend's guitar/bass speaker under the bed by the chord.

Steele just likes flopping around.  He's ticklish but always seems to allow
me to hold him on his back and let his belly be exposed for a long time
while his head hangs.

I should be getting a page up once my girlfriend and I get enough pictures
to make one.  I have about 2 rolls that need to be developed, so that
should really give us a boost.  If anyone is on bolt, you can find me
under the name Garrakenn, or on ICQ #40917540.  Talk to you all later.

It always suprises me how sometimes our fuzzy counterparts can show greater
love and care than most humans ever could.

If my fuzzies knew how to read and type, I am sure they would say Hi.  As
it is, I'm still trying to get the Hooked on Ferrets cassettes for
them...heh.

Talk to u later all!

Party on,

Josh Wolf