From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:34:39 EST
Date:    Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:42:48 EST
From:    Corinn Lesperance <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Cage Coverings???

>Hi everyone..I got a cage from the shelter I adopted my 2 boys from.  I
>have no idea what kind of cage it is, or it's demensions...all I know is
>that the whole front of the cage opens up and lays on the floor when
>opened.  That is the only opening.  What I would like to do is cover the
>part that the boys walk on when they are out.  They have to walk on it
>to get in and out of the cage for water...litter box...

Hi Corinn...

There's lots of things you can use to cover cage floors.  I find those
small bathroom rugs work like a charm.  You can buy them at garage sales.
I also have used linoleum tiles with the rugs on top of them.  You can
throw them in the wash and wipe off the linoleum.  I love those new Clorox
bleach wet wipes...they surely make life easier tho' I wouldn't want to
have to buy them for a shelter with lots of babies.  I don't recommend
towels simply because they can get their little claws caught in the loopy
parts of the towels especially if they're old towels.

I've had pads made for my cages...custom to fit the cage.  If you're
interested, I can recommend someone.  Write to me privately please!
They're not cheap but I'm going to have them for a long time to come and
I love them as they have ties on them to attach to the caging.

I also use those little black binder clips that are used in offices for
larger piles of paper...more than what a plain paper clip will hold.  These
work great with attaching fabrics/rugs to the edges of cages so the babies
don't dig them up or get under them.  heehee (I love it!  LOL)

Hope these ideas are helpful to you.  It's wonderful that you want to cover
the wire floors.  Many people never even give it a thought but those tiny
little feet wandering over wire floors has got to be uncomfortable at best!

Barb and the 4 whirling dervishes...Gus, Zak, Hope and Bren...4 very
spoiled rotten kids!  <BIG GRIN>