From:
Kim Adkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:57:26 -0500
In regards to the posts about surgery costs, what I'm hearing from other
areas sounds EXTREMELY high.  Jerry had two surgeries this past October,
(in SW Virginia).

Surgery 1 - removal of two mast cell tumors, biopsies on those, and
exploratory adrenal / removal of small tumor on left adrenal.  Cost: a
little under $300, not including vet visits before or after surgery, but
including anthestia, post op care, and all surgery related bloodwork,
tests, etc.

Surgery 2 - Cryosurgery for large tumor in right adrenal - tumor attached
to vena-cava.  Total cost, including post op care: $310.50, oh, a few
insulinomas were also found on pancreas and removed "while they already
had him open."

This makes me think that I got off really easy, in relation to the costs
I'm reading about!  Jerry got top - notch care and has made a full
recovery!

Kim and the terrible two, Jerry and Stimy