From:
Patti and Patrick Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:21:43 -0900
Hi all - Butter and I have been lurking for quite a while now.  We were
on the other list ages ago.  The best parts of this forum for me are the
funny ferret tails (sic), ideas for new and better ferret toys (homemade,
natural, human, and store bought!), and links to other web sites to see
your babes.

I share my home with Butter (almost four years old), Isis (feline), B.B.
(sheltie), and two cockatiels.  They all get along great (well Isis and
Butter are confused about what they should be doing with the cockatiels but
that's just part of their genetic coding!) Butter is an only ferret and
seems to like it that way but I would like to have more.  He is a free-roam
and has numerous beds throughout the house.  The area under the bottom
bathroom sink cabinet drawers is a favorite.  Then there is the drawer in
my daughter's waterbed.  And the kitchen drawer over the dog, cat, and
ferret food/treats has been surrended to him.

Butter is pretty perfect.  He doesn't chew things at all.  And after a
pretty rocky first year he no longer climbs/claws the lining from under
couches.  Scooting out the door is always a worry to me but over his four
years he has managed to escape and return about eight times.  Three times
on his own (returned scratching on the door like the dogs) and the other
returns were in response to the squeeky toy.  And the stealing (I mean
repositioning of objects) is so funny!  Mostly he only moves socks and
leather items.

You can see him dining with the big guys at:
http://www.alaska.net/~phiggins/

Patti and Butter
Missing Brigadoon the collie at the Rainbow Bridge