From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:08:26 EST
I just took in a few ferrets to foster One of them a sweetie named chip
is such a trooper he is like "attacked" with ailments but he is such a
lovie... He is NOT sick suffering at all... he had a bilateral adrenal
surgery and a partial pancreatectomy in August... his hair has ALL grown
back and he is a bundle of love and "occasional" energy.  He is currently
being medicated for Low blood sugar and a bladder infection but so far
nothing (since he has been with me) has interefered with him being chip...
thats the medical background...

now for the question...

chip has this LUMP on the back of his neck... like a blister sort-of...
only its NOT a blister... it fills with liquid periodically and needs to
be drained, it doesnt seem to bother him and I have complete trust in the
doctor AND the shelter that have had him looked at ... they say its nothing
serious, draining it periodically gets rid of it... I have looked at it
carefully and it reminds me of what it looked like when the doctor put
medicine in my wrist to treat a tendonitis... the way the meds made my skin
bubble up... He is completely oblivious to me touching or pushing on it...
I was just wondering if anyone out there might have some idea what causes
this and if there is a way to prevent it, rather than to just keep draining
it... he's such a trooper and I really just want him to enjoy life... If
there is NOTHING else I can do... I, of course, will continue to make sure
its drained when it gets big.

Thanks so much!
Cheers and dooks!
-Betty