Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:28:00 EST
Hugs and Dooks to everyone!

Well, it's that time of year again! Time to put up the tree and fight the
ferrets for the tinsel! :)

We put up our Christmas tree this weekend. Yes, we're a little early this
year but we are really in a holiday mood! We have a lot to be thankful for
this year. :)

We got Trixie this past January........when the tree was still up from last
Christmas.  She wasn't allowed free reign of the house back then, so she
wasn't around the tree that much.  This year, though, she does have free
reign of the house.  My husband thinks I'm paranoid, but I did a few things
this year to be extra careful not to tempt the ferret with anything too
dangerous.

1) no glass balls on the tre............and no ornaments with those silver
   hook things. Better safe than sorry. :)
2) I put felt bows on the tree........she can't choke on these.
3) Minimal tinsel. We only have the tinsel left from last year on the
   tree.......no extra tinsel.

We put ornaments up that wouldn't break..........and the only thing she's
taken so far is a strand of lights.  (Red blinking lights........so much
temptation!  Caught her pulling a strand off and almost knocked over the
tree!!!) We let her play around the tree the last few days and the "WOW"
has kinda worn off.  Now she just hides under the tree skirt.  We've
caught her "flying" from the couch to the tree a few times..........she's
learning real fast that she sucks at that!  LOL

If anyone else has Christmas tips/stories...................please either
post them or email them to me at ASweetFerret@aol.com.............I love
this! :)

Love,
Shea & Trixie-butt

Trixie ~ Look Momma! I'm flying...........*Crash*