From:
Korri Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:47:41 -0500
Hi everyone,

I need some info.  Yesterday when I was getting my kids out of the cage to
play ( I always handle each one before I put them down), I noticed that my
littliest ferret, Shirley (almost 3 years), her belly was kind of taunt.
I'm not sure if I've missed it before... but I checked the others and
their bellies were soft.  I also felt some bumps or bulges (it is hard
to describe).  Tonight I was having my husband check her over when he got
home and I felt two bumps, one on each side, of her neck.  She seems to
be acting normal, eating and drinking.  She's not big on playing but she
really never was.  She just gets her snack... runs around a little bit
and then finds her sleepy spots.

There aren't any vets open today or tomorrow... and I live in a very
rural area so there aren't any emergency vets around.... I am giving her
FerretLax just in case of a blockage.  I can't say that I have seen her use
the litter box.  With four critters it is hard to know who did what.  Next
time that she is out, I will watch her closely to see what she does.  She
was one of my first, we lost Laverne in May, and she is a sweet little
girl.

Anything that could help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Korri

I hope that I am being a nervous mom.  Does anyone have any advice or
experience with something like this?