From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:13:05 PDT
Smithsonian Magazine (November issue) just arrived at my home and there is
a fabulous article about black-footed ferrets and the efforts of the CRC
(Smithsonian's Conservation and Research Center).  There are pictures of
black-footed ferrets and even a picture of a jill being anesthetized in
preparation for artificial insemination.  The article is well-written and
informative.  It begins on page 118.  If you absolutely cannot locate this
magazine, I could probably send you a copy of the article - email me
privately.

This is worth purchasing if you are interested in the black-footed ferret
and the efforts these people have taken to save the animals from
instinction.  The article contains some breeding information as well.

Hope you enjoy this article as much as I have.