From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:04:43 -0400
>From:    Rudik Elaine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Kit and Caboodle Ferretry
>Yes, they have been talking to show officials about the possibility of
>adding new rings to the shows due to new colors and new patterns that they
>have developed in the relatively short time they have been involved with
>ferrets.  Should they also be criticized for having the ingenuity and
>knowledge to develop new colors and patterns?  They have been in the
>forefront in developing a new blaze type, "Demi Gigas", "honey caramels",
>and "tangerine albinos" and will undoubtedly develop others.

There is a problem with these "new" colors not being new colors.  The
Coles did not develop any of this.  They are left over bogus names from
Two Pole Pumpkin.

Demi Gigas is NOT a breed.  Demi Gigas was a ferret bred by Doug McKay in
Ohio and his offspring are often referred to as "Demi Gigas" as a shorthand
for "having Demi Gigas as an ancestor".  Any claims to be developing Demi
Gigas by ANY other breeder is false.

Tangerine albinos are nothing new but merely discolored.  These have been
debated and dismissed since the days of FURO.

Not sure what is meant by a honey caramel nor a new blaze type.

Heard the honey caramel is really just a chocolate.

But we have not heard the Coles directly making these claims so we can
not claim to be speaking against the Coles.

>From:    Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Two Pole
>It is kind of funny that the same folks who support Marshall Farms
>(constantly defend them any time there is debate) are the same folks who
>opposed Charlie and are also bashing her

Who is constantly defending Marshall Farms?  We've never seen that from
anyone.  We have found people though that defend the truth.  Even when
its inconvenient to a political point of view.

>Let's remember that the further from the gene pool, you often see
>problems (health and/or behavioral).

Could you please explain that?  It's hard to follow your point when
something isn't clear.

>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Kit and Caboodle
>Perhaps, it is now time for both the sanctioning bodies and those running
>the ferret shows to consider establishing a separate category for the big
>time exhibitors.

 [and]

>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TPP/KCT
>When you have that many ferrets entered it really cuts into the
>competition for the other entrants.  I would never even consider taking
>any ferrets to a show where I have competition that slanted.  I can't
>stand going to shows where the same people win over and over and I get
>nothing.  I hope all you show committees are paying attention.

Please write to us off list.  We would very much like to talk to you
about this.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets