From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:05:46 -0400
Leanne,
I think that would be a great idea.  It should be started with enforcing
conditions that are crucial to a ferret's health (ie: no cedar shavings,
no glass aquariums, fresh food and water...)

I also think that if a place can sell an animal that they should monitor
who they sell them to (ie some sort of information check list to be sure
the owner is prepared and committed)  Cheers for fuzzies and the people
that love and protect them!

Fuzzie lovers are definately the kindest people! (-:  I wanted to share a
few wonderful "fuzzie people" experiences.

*1*There is a WONDERFUL Petco employee who has helped me and my fuzzies
countless times with answers and information.  At one point she even gave
me her home number!  I hated to impose, but one panicked night at 9pm I
needed to call her for advice.  She advised me, was concerned for my
fuzzie, and told me never to hesitate to call even at that hour.  WOW!

*2* A fellow FMLer and I had e-mailed back and forth little stories about
our fuzzies from time to time.  During the above mentioned panic I e-mailed
her and told her about my worries.  She sent a consoling e-mail along with
her phone number.  She told me not only to call if I needed to but offered
for me to call collect.  What an unbelievably kind gesture!!

*3*I called a ferret food company to try and order some food for a shelter.
I thought they would send more for the money since it was for a shelter.
Well no, they wouldn't let me buy direct but - they wanted to send the
shelter some food FREE!  They ended up sending the shelter three cases of
stuff!!!

What a kind fuzzie world it can be out there!
Risa