Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:13:39 EDT
I am currently the owner of two ferrets who I am unfortunately unable to
keep.  The first is Ben (named after a part I had in a play).  Ben is the
warmest, gentlest little critter I have ever come in contact with.  He is
genuinely sweet and absolutely adores human contact.  The other one's name
is Samus (from the game Metroid).  Samus is a feisty little fuzzie that I
saved one day while witnessing mistreatment at one of my band's functions.
I waited for the proper moment then took off with the little girl, and
sure some would consider it stealing, but anyone with a grain of humanity
would call it saving.  Now I have to move to California for quite the
opportunity.  Of course if I don't take it I won't be able to feed anyone.
I had considered taking them with me knowing that ferrets are illegal in
California, and yet people keep them anyway.  But I will be on the set all
the time for quite a while due to more than one projects I have going right
now.  I won't have the time to give them the proper attention they need.
And there are great stretches of time I won't be home at all.  Ben is 6
months old and I'm not quite sure how old Samus is, but she's a veritable
spark plug so she's a youngin as well.  I would much rather not break them
up since they have gotten quite used to themselves over the last couple of
months.  And due to Samus's mistreatment, and the fact that she's going to
have to move again, I'd like to have a familiar face to be there for her
during this whole thing, and when it settles down.  Impulse buyers are one
of the great problems with pets today, with abuse and abandonment usually
following.  I'd hate to think I had become one of those people.  Can
someone help me out with the adoption of two tiny bundles of joy?
Happiness doesn't have to be bought, it can be adopted.

Sincerely,
Damian Maffei