From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:05:05 -0500
Has anyone had this happen and if so what was the diagnosis?

Tigger is going on 7 and was with us during our severe bout of ECE in 1996.
Since then he's had a couple bouts of Clostridium overgrowth (not botulism
though) which resolved in time with treatment (both natural and chemical).

About a month ago he started loosing weight even though he was eating well.
Larry ran blood tests and many of his readings were low - blood protein,
liver, Ca, Crea, glucose, Phos, Total Bilirubin, and total protein.  He
also has a heart murmur.

We already add viokase to the recipe and have ever since ECE, for easier
absorption, and I add a bit of K-zyme (cat) in addition to Tiggers serving.
I've also started adding more probiotics to the total recipe.

Other than the wasting and the low blood values we don't have any other
visible symptoms.  Tigger is eating well for me yet he's wasting away
before my eyes.  Any ideas?

I've nursed quite a few wasting ferrets and they've always responded to my
treatments but not Tigger.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services