From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:07:25 EDT
Dee Eisenman writes:
>Therefore, I do not feel that exceeding the three post limit should be
>allowed for one person, unless you are going to allow it for ALL FML
>posters.  That is like telling people that because they are not a vet,
>their information and questions are not as important.  The FML should
>NEVER be used for emergencies - take your ferret to the vet, PLEASE.

Dee,

With all due respect, I'm not sure you understand who Dr. Williams *is*.
He is the vet and pathologist that your vet calls when he/she doesn't know
the answer.

I'm sure that people on this list are intelligent enough to know that they
can't wait for the FML to come out, or Dr. Williams to have time to post,
in an emergency situation.  I don't think anyone felt that was what BIG was
referring to when he said that Dr. Williams' posts are most informative.

Besides, how many world renowned vet/pathologists (Dr. Williams is getting
ready to go to Japan), do we have posting here? :)

BIG, it's a great idea!  Dr. Williams is kind enough to donate some of
his extremely limited time to answer our questions, and I feel he should
be given every opportunity to do so.  It isn't as though people with Dr.
Williams' credentials are "lining up" to help us "commoners" that are owned
by ferrets.  If and when the day comes that we have so many vets posting
that they're taking up most of the 50 posts, then BIG may have to rethink
the issue!

Judy