From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:17:35 -0500
I apologize in advance but I just can't help myself.

Those who know me, know my stance on Mashalls... I don't love them, I have
many problems with some things they do... but I can also appreciate their
contribution to the ferret world and feel that much more will be
accomplished by working with them diplomatically than slandering them.

Anyway, my reason for this is in response to:
>... Does anyone see that the good that Marshall Farms is doing (trying
>to legalize ferrets in California) just might be motivated by potential
>profit? ...

Well DUH!  Of COURSE it is!!!  Just look at all the potential sales out
there!!!

BUT CONSIDER THIS:
If it helps educate and helps in the fight to make ferrets legal for our
Californian friends.... WHO CARES????  Marshalls certainly is not going
to go out of business because they can't sell in California...

As much as I may disagree with some of their practice, it is a truth, like
it or not, that ferrets would not have progressed in America as a common,
accepted and popular pet as quickly in the past 20-30 years without the
influence Marshalls had in the ferret world.

I also don't see people refusing the medical technology, advances in ferret
knowledge and all the other things that have come to us due to the research
done by Marshalls.