From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:13:25 EDT
Dear Beatrice

Okay so you have trouble with a bitting ferret, right?  Okay so you have
tried all the other remedies like using Bitter Apple, and ferratone???  And
none of this works, right??  I have had two very bad bitting girls in our
busyness and this is how I finally had to do to save my hands, face, and
other body parts, near and dear to me.  Okay are you ready for this??  When
your ferret bites you, bite them back!!!.

But there is alot more to this okay?  DON'T bite them on their legs, back,
tail, feet, or head, only bite them on the scruff of the neck.  DO not bite
hard enought to cause any bodily harm.  Do not try to draw blood.  YOU MUST
SUPPORT the ferret's body wieght with your hands.  And very IMPORTANT....
you must let the ferret start the exchange.  Ferrets do not understand the
term pre-emptive.  LOL.  As the ferret bites you, you start to bite the
ferret.  The harder they bite, the harder you bite, but not hard enough to
do any damage to the fert.  When they stop you stop.  You must handle your
ferts daily as well.  Love on them.  let them know you love them and want
them to love you.  DO NOT Hit Or Strike you ferrets...EVER!!!  Do not thump
them on their bodies or nose.  They do not understand what you are telling
them by doing so.

If you follow the guidelines as listed it will work.  I know.... been there
and done that.  You and your fiance will learn to love them just like the
rest of US!!!!

[FA]