Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:21:35 -0800
From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>She was very tiny, skinny and her coat was quite thin.  While technically
>not sick, she was well on her way to trouble, they gave me a slight
>discount...
>
>Thursday night, we went in and there was a single sable fuzz, about 16
>weeks old with what appears to be foot rot.  I've never seen lesions to
>this degree in a baby,.....
>
>The store manager said it made little sense for Petco to invest $100 into
>a 16 week old ferret that would only be marked down shortly in price so
>they could free the cage up for more babies. ...
>Anyway, just wanted to post something positive about Petco for a change!!

Jen,
Where are the positive things you were going to post about Petco???
Everything you've written confirms their inhumanity towards their ferrets.
Something positive would have been if Petco had taken responsibility and
(1) not allowed the ferret's foot to become as bad as you described
(2) had paid for the vet visit.
(3) been concerned about the welfare of the ferret instead of being
    concerned about freeing up cage space for younger healthy ferrets.

Petco is a business, they care about the dollar...NOT ABOUT THE ANIMALS.

Sandi
Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125