Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:26:29 -0800
From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
I too suspect that these may be some wild weasel type of animal rather
than domestic ferrets.

It brings to mind a situation about 3 months ago, when a vet called us to
see if we could take a ferret that one of his tech's had trapped in her
garage.  The vet had vaccinated the little girl, rabies and distemper,
but they couldn't get her to stop biting.  The vet thought she had lots
of potential because she played with her toys really well and was very
interested in food and people.  Since they'd had her for three weeks they
really couldn't keep her any longer.

We said of course we'd take her.  She probably just needed some basic
training.  So the tech drove for over an hour to bring her to us.  Yup
you're getting the picture!  She took the towel off of the cage and
uncovered a beautiful little chocolate brown WILD WEASEL ... all vaccinated
and ready to go!

So if a vet can mistake a wild weasel for a domestic ferret, I think
anyone can.

Sandi :-)

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125