Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:06:11 -0500
From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Doug M wrote:
>I dragged him thru the leaves, he pulled me the other direction.  When I
>finally sat down, he stayed on my lap.  Or crawled to my shoulder.  I set
>him down again, only to begin the routine over again..why doesn't he want
>to play in the leaves?  I hear most do.  He is a lone ferret.  I've been
>thinking of getting him a playmate.  Thanks

I take Taz, Chewy and/or Fuzzer out on walks all the time.  Well, let me
redefine that.  I go for a walk.  On my shoulder sits a ferret (one of
those named above) as I get my exercise.  When I get to the grassy lawn
around the church a few blocks from here, I put them down (not Fuzzer...
he's too *good* to have to walk anywhere on his own!).  Taz will snurfle
through the grass for about a minute, then wait to get picked up and
remounted in the "shoulder position."  If its Chewy that's walking
shoulder-surfing with me, then the "grassy knoll" bit lasts a lot longer.

When we get to noisy leaves though, Taz is DOWN there!  Right down the
chest, the leg and into the leaves.  Luckily, he wears a harness.  When it
gets dark and the ghosts and stuff come out, I can just lift him up from
where ever he is crunching around and we can proceed...until we find more
leaves!

Chewy, however, doesn't like the noise.  He's still young yet, so maybe its
just auditory over-load.  Fuzzer won't put his feet on the ground.  He has
an internally-installed anti-grav device which permits him to stay attached
to my arm, while avoiding the ground.  Darn that Scotty!

Todd and the (we go for a walk, without walking!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://giftsandcollectibles.sites.cc/
http://www.success.net/microlink/