Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:33:40 -0400
From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Folks!

You are all welcome to attend the First Annual Ferret Frolic and Picnic
sponsored by the PFRA of Centre County

DATE:
October 14, 2000 (Saturday) 11am to 4pm

WHERE:
Spring Creek Park, Pavilion #2 in State College, PA (near Houserville)

WHAT IS IT?
This social event is a chance for local ferret owners to meet and greet
(and help support your local shelter <g>).  The event is organised by the
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association of Centre County and is open to
all ferret owners.  We will be having a potluck lunch - the shelter is
providing burgers and hotdogs.  If you would like to participate, please
bring a potluck dish (to feed 10) and your drinks.

We will be having a variety of fun matches to be held throughout the
afternoon for trophies and ribbons.  The shelter and our local club will
have tables with all sorts of ferret related items.  A great raffle of
ferret goodies will be held (yes, even a Martin's Barn complete with a
PFC barn set - matching hammock, cage liner & barn cover).

The general public, family and friends are welcome to attend, observe and
learn more about the domestic ferret and the PFRA.

CONTACT:
For more information and directions, please contact:
Mary McCarty, Shelter director
P: 814-237-9267
email: [log in to unmask]

11:00 - 3:30    Club/Shelter table open for business.
                Ferret Paw Printing Booth open
                Put your Cutest Photo on display for voting!
12:00 - 1pm     Lunch Time
1:00 - 1:30     Heaviest Hob/Lightest Jill
1:30 - 2:00     Best Dressed Costume Contest
2:30 -  3:00    Paper Bag Escape
3:00 -  3:30    Cup Tipping
3:30 pm         Cutest Photo Contest Award & Last Call for Raffle tickets
3:45pm          Raffle drawing
4pm             Clean up & Done!

+ 1st place Trophy and 1st - 10th flat ribbons awarded immediately after
  each contest.
+ Raffle with cool ferret stuff!
+ Ferret Paw Printing Station
+ Ferret-related merchandise.
+ Local ferret shelter presence.
+ Lots of ferrets and ferret enthusiasts having fun!

***All ferrets must be vaccinated for rabies and distemper

Mary McCarty-Houser, Director
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association of Centre County
http://www.ferretrescue.com