Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 01:27:49 -0500
From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Without all the long explanations and fluff, it's really a simple answer.

Ask ANY shelter operator how many sick ferrets are turned in with comments
like "Well I only paid $50 for it, I'm not about to spend $400 for surgery".

As a shelter operator and a breeder both, I am among those who pick up
"red flags" when contacted about ferrets.

One of the biggest red flags is when the first question is "Whats the
cheapest?"... not Whats the best?  What is right for my family?  Or any
other of a 1000 questions that should come first.

Sure cost is a concern, and I understand someone needs to work within a
budget, but when the first and only concern is getting something for as
cheap as possible, it is an indication of the owners commitment to the
animal.

Yes I know many of you out there can cite cheap or free pets you got then
paid a fortune in bills for, and I commend you.  but then again, the type
of people we are referring to are rarely found on a list of caring,
responsible owners like this.

Please stop taking so much offense to the comments, (usually made by
shelter operators or volunteers) and go volunteer for a month at your
local shelter and see first hand the results of those looking for the
cheap way out on a pet.

Susan Malone

Ferrets Unlimited Rescue Of Tulsa

Fanciful Ferrets By Pegasus