Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 05:56:53 -0700
From:
Samuel Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Regarding the message related to Eukanuba Cat Food..., I am convinced now
that no cat/kitten food has the requirments necessary for even a mature
ferret.  The reason I say this is that I was originally told that kitten
food was ok for ferrets but after three months or so my ferret started
producing bald spots.  He appeared healthy and I was even supplementing the
kitten food (Eukanuba) with Ferratone but it did not appear to help.  After
speaking with some other ferret owners who seemed to experience the same
situation they advised me to switch to real ferret food since that seemed
to resolve the problem.  Sure enough, after a few weeks of switching to
Hagez premium ferret food and supplementing it with Ferratone and the usual
treats my ferret's bald spots started filling in.  That was four months ago
and my ferret now has a full healthy coat and appears to be as healthy as
he could be.

I do not think that any cat/kitten food should be given to a ferret since
their nutritional requirements are not that of a cat or kitten.

S.D.