From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:28:14 EDT
ONE LONELY WOLF
Three ferret shelters have shut down here for various reasons.  I know
the one on the alabama border takes some of tn ferrets if needed.  I know
of none in middle tennessee, and am unknowledgeable about west tn (though
I've never heard of a shelter there).  East TN has the Glasgows.  They vary
from 35-40 ferrets depending...and many of those are private pets and ill
permanant residents.

I know an fml'er just this past couple months moved to TN... does that
count?  sigh.  so that's three.  I am a lone wolf... very lonely here
indeedy.  Trouble?!  Hmmmmf yyya!  It's been trouble that a new store here
in Chattanooga has been selling bunches of kits out of the blue here.  I
can't seem to find the owners though.... can't figure out where they are
all going!  Anyway, that is upsetting right there, and I have alerted
shelters to this fact.

As far as responding to anything else here... anyone breeding, I really
don't wish to comment on something I am not privy to.  It wouldn't be fair.
I'm just responding to the fact that there is a huge lack of shelters here,
that the poster was correct...this is NOT ferret territory, and that yes if
there was a large breeder here that did not practice ethically there would
be trouble.  There is little ferret product if any available here, there is
only one place to get any magazines or what have you (petsmart), and one
private store most nobody knows about plus the Glasgows to get information
from in southeast tn.  It's like a vortex here!  And I've traveled about to
have comparison.  For example Alabama, and NJ are leagues above TN as far
as resources.

and that's all this wolf has to say on this

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
For information on deafness in ferrets: