From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:16:45 -0400
Have heard from Kirsta Chandler <[log in to unmask]> and she wants
to hear from anyone who encountered moldy 8 in 1 foods.  She says that the
company which makes their Ultimate Foods also makes their One Earth foods,
and that a mold problem arose from an extruder machine (rather than from
the bag design which was what one retailer told me) affecting date codes
of Jan to June 2002 in the One Earth Foods.  It is important for them to
know if this is the same difficulty.

Please, if you have encountered this mold problem get in touch with her!
That will help them isolate what happened and respond most effectively.  It
sounds like their difficulty is that almost no one informed them compared
to the number of people who mentioned here that they had encountered it.

Someone said something about this being a topic of discussion on another
list; don't know which list so, please, let that list know also, to best
help.

We all know that getting reports back helped Performance Foods track
down their problem back when some sub-par food items arrived at their
manufacturer's plant.  It sounds like 8 in 1 also wants to do the exactly
the right thing and track this down so that our ferrets can most safely
have their foods, too.  Knowing various details (even if you don't have
the bag anymore) perhaps can help them.  If you know the details from the
bag, so much the better.  This is the right way for a company to act
and I am very relieved to see this level of responsibility; it's a good
recommendation for them.  If you are among those who reported encountering
this problem, PLEASE, write to her, ASAP.