From:
Julie LeDuc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:30:45 -0600
about "odd" adoption calls to the ferret shelters.  This is slightly off
ferret topic, but I think it applies.  The local cat rescue shelter (here
in San Antonio) has placed a ban on the adoption of all white and black
cats during the October holiday season.  They have in the past gotten
reports of animal sacrifices using these colored cats.  I suggest out of
love for our fuzzies, that an overall ban on the sale of ferrets, or a
very careful screening of potential owners, be instituted on or around the
October holidays.  I'm not sure this would do any good, but it might stave
off "impulse" fert buys that would do the ferret more harm than good.  That
is just my humble opinion on the situation.  Take as you wish :).

For the love of our Ferrets!

--Julie