Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:13:30 -0700
Ms. Eisenman cited Mr. Killian:
>>You run a mail list that was a witchhunt against anyone that the "in"
>>powers decided was guilty. None was about known transmission at shows.
>>Much was harassment of a shelter for possible transmissions though all
>>tests have shown none. The record of the notes posted to
>>news:alt.pets.ferrets clearly showed the nature of the ADV witchhunt.

And responded:
>Hmm now I am confused. ADV witchhunt ? Are you implying that we should
>not go after and try to destroy ADV?

I don't believe that was Bill's implication.  The Ferret ADV mailing list
was, imo, engaging in discussions that were unsupported by facts, and
recommending actions that were criminal.  Anyone wishing to see things
first-hand can go to http://www.deja.com/usenet/ and do a power search on
alt.pets.ferrets.  Use "ferretadv" as your subject line.

>Words must be used very carefully here.  Any list that you disagree with,
>is a witchhunt ?  If you don t agree with it, why spend so much time there?

Easy, to monitor people like the ADV listees, who momentarily forgot that
the world is bigger than their e-list.

swamp