From:
Marta Towne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:49:46 -0500
Well...as to keeping warm, winter before last, we had an ice storm that
completely knocked out electricity for seven days.  At that time, I had
only two ferrets along with three dogs.  Plus my 10 year old and I.  We
moved everyone into the kitchen and used the propane stove as heat.  I
will tell you, it got COLD in that house!  BUT, the ferrets didn't seem
to notice.  Though they slept more.  My vet told me that most mammals
will sleep more if they get cold.  The Ferts did.  They made the dogs
jealous...the dogs had to go OUTSIDE to potty!

Just my opinion, but in the case of Marshal Farms....I am not going to
judge them, because I don't know first hand what they do.  IF they are
abusing animals, they need to be stopped.  But will refusing to buy a kit
do that?  I doubt it.  Don't they supply Labs too?  So if consumers stop
buying the pets, wouldn't it make sense that instead of cutting back,
they would just drop their prices and supply more to the labs?

As I said, just my .02!

My sympathies to the lost babies......and the ones left behind!

Marta