Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:19:51 -0600
He picks up ferret poop every day.  He washes the floors every night.
He cuddles the ferrets daily.  He holds them when they are sick and he
massages their bellies when they aren't feeling well.  He carries them
around and shows them the things that they normally can't reach on their
own.  He cries when they leave this earthly plane...

He barely blinked an eye when I told him our home would grow by 4 to 20
ferrets.

He is my hubby and my best friend.

We met at a mall where we both worked.  He was full of wit, and I full of
sarcasm and humour.  What a pair we were.  Our romance blossomed into a
life long commitment of caring not only for each other, but for these
small, wonderful little creatures called ferrets.

I saw our first ferret in a pet store back in the mid 80's.  I fell in love
and just had to show hubby what I had discovered.  He thought this little
fuzz butt was adorable too and the next thing we knew, we were well on our
way to sharing a lifetime of joy with them.

I am a regular poster on this mailing list, and I sign my posts Betty and
Her Blur O'Fur.  Hubby doesn't like to share his words of wisdom, but
enjoys reading the many escapades of the other posters.  Besides, he
feels that this is my mailing list since I found it and I have done all
the writing since the beginning.  I want you all to know that Betty and
Her Blur O'Fur is actually half my hubby and an equal contributor to the
lives and well being of our fuzzies.  I know that when he reads this,
he'll disagree but I know better.

James... I want the world to know how much I appreciate you and that I am
sorry for the times I have taken you for granted.  Your heart knows no
bounds and your compassion for these little guys makes my own heart burst
for your dedication.  There is no dividing line with you when it comes to
whether the ferrets are ours or fosters or belong to someone else... you
love them all equally.  I am so happy that we are together and that we
share this love of ferrets as much as we do.  You are very special to me...

Your talent is astounding and as incredible as you are, and it puts me to
shame although I know you will immediately argue the point.

Next June will represent 19 years of being together with most of that time
spent living with ferrets.  I cannot imagine a life without you in it...

I love you with all my heart and I wanted to share you with the world.

betty and her blur o'fur
for the love of ferrets... and hubby James