From:
"Tarie, Tic and Tack" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 02:55:56 EDT
I am a faithfull reader of this newletter and have found may interesting
things here, but the one thing that bothers me is that it seems if you
don't agree with the popular vote on an issue you set yourself up for
"flaming".  I have decided to risk that however and go ahead and post
these thoughts and bits of information.

I have been a ferret owner for almost 2 years.  The first two that I got I
purchased from someone that didn't want them anymore.  I lost one of them
not long after.  I had been told that they were much younger than they
really were.  NO I didn't go through the expense of have an autopsy done.
The point is she was gone and that was it.  I then purchased 2 new ferrets
from a local pet shop.  Both were very beautiful and I feel in love
instantly.  Neither of them lived beyond 6 months.  Both were Marshalls
Ferrets.  It was determined that the litter (pine) that the pet shop kept
them in was the major cause of terrible lung infections in both of them.
I did not know that at the time that I posted the death of the first
one....wow talk about flame!!!  I was burned to a crisp in E-Mail and
called every name in the book, and I still don't understand why.

The one ferret I have left is the joy of my life.  She is my best buddy and
spends most of her time either with me or on me.  I have wanted to find
some new friends for her, but have not be successful in doing that.  I will
not purchase from a pet shop again as all of them use that same litter
claiming it holds down on the smell from so many ferrets in one cage.  I
looked at a few shelters but the prices there were higher than the pet shop
and to be honest the thought of spending another $200.00 when I don't know
for sure where they came from is what is stopping me.  Don't get me wrong,
money isn't that big a deal when it comes to my babies...but when I have to
spend that just to bury them it is.

I would to know if anyone knows of a place to get ferrets that doesn't add
up to hundreds of dollars.  If so please let me know.  I have a loving home
and plenty of room in my heart to offer.

Thanks.

Mink and her MOM
e-mail  [log in to unmask]