From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 17:22:42 EDT
Hi Gang.
Last week I asked for help with Smokey needing Lupron.  I got several
replies and a big Thank You to our own MC for his help and followup.  This
morning Smokey crashed.  He couldn't even stand up.  We rushed him to the
vet who did blood work and Smokey's blood surgar was 42.  Tha's low enought
to start having siezures.  Oh Great!!!  Now he will have to have surgery
to remove the tumors from the pancreas.  He will be in hospital for the
weekend on surgar drips.  Monday ,Dr. Patty McCormick will go in and see
what is going on.  She will do both the tumors and check the adrenals as
well.  This will be Smokey's third surgery.  Please pray for him and keep
him in your thoughts.  All of you know how much these lil' carpetmonsters
mean to us ferretty folks.  He will be our $2,000.00 fert when this is all
done with.  He is worth every penny of it too!!!.

On a little different note, most of you know that I do not particularly
like Marshall Farms for how they do business.  This is a personal dislike
and I have my reasons.  HOWEVER if it was not for M.F. I would never have
been exposed to ferrets.  So I owe them at least that much.  Two weekends
ago we lost one of our old boys that I "inherited" from my niece.  Whiley
was at least 11 y.o.  He was the oldest M.F. ferret I have ever seen.  He
was also a ferret right to the end.  I miss him very much.  Sandee, look
for him please, he may have two other little ones with him.  He will be the
silvermitt trying to help the others.  He has Erik, Kaos, and Spike waiting
for him.  Look for Spike over at the flying school...he'll probably be one
of the instructors by now...can't miss him, big great lookin Sable...
Thanks............But the main reason of this last part is that my two
daughters went together and bought me a M.F.  Female, very litttle, very
hyper, and VERY SWEET, R E W.  Welcome home to Freda.  What can I say...I
needed another baby-Baby, like another hole in the head, but hey always
room for 1 that's one, more.  LOL.  Yes she is already on her way to being
spoiled, as she crys bloody murder when she is NOT being held or played
with.  Most of the time she rides around inside of my shirt.  But, NO she
is not totally spoiled....Yet

Thank You All. after all it IS FOR THE FERRETS!!!

Fred A. Hurd
Reno, Nevada.