From:
Larry & Jana Updike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:01:21 -0500
I posted earlier about whether I should be expecting anything about showing
my Finnie at the Chicago Show, well I got my info today. :)  Everything is
all set there.  BUT...

How important is it to have our Rabies Shots?  We have the all important
Distemper Vaccination, but the vet I am no longer going to, just called and
told me that he doesn't have any ferret rabies vaccinations for our 8am
appointment tomorrow, which I made a week and a half ago.  Is it true that
there is only one company that makes ferret rabies vaccinations?  Since I
know there are two or three for ferret distemper.  I am furious about this.
He waits until after hours (6:30pm) to call his customer and tell them,
"By the way, I don't have what I need for you at 8am tomorrow, and I may
not for an undefined time period, because what I need is on back order and
has been for a while now."  I asked if he could check around and see if
any of the other vets in the area have any.  So he may call me sometime
tomorrow afternoon if he finds any.  I am so mad.

trying to control myself,

*if I were a ferret I'd be tryin to shake the stuffing out of my jingle
fleece ball I got at last years Chicago Show*

jana