From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:54:22 -0700
I know this has comes up every year, regularly, like a cycle, but I never
paid attention to the answer (sorry).  So, can anyone tell me if you should
treat ferret litter like you should treat cat litter (don't touch it) when
you're pregnant?

If anyone knows, and could email me at: [log in to unmask]

I would really appreciate it!

Another issue I've run across recently...my 6 3/4 yr old ferret Zooey had
her first hypoglymic episode.  I found her in her hammock, 6 am, lethargic,
drooling, her jaw locked, etc.  It took an hour to get her out of it,
mostly b/c her jaw was locked and limited the amount of sugar I could give
her, I could only put it on her gums.  also I panicked and all I could
think about was using maple sugar (100% vermont, she eventually came to
like it).  She's on pred now, once a day, as well as her daily meds for
inflammatory bowel disease.  Poor girl.  My question though is do they also
seizure during these episodes?  zooey was twitching the whole time, mild,
but constant nonetheless.  Just her face muscles, ears, feet, maybe her
tail (buried under the blanket--bald since her adrenal surgery in January).
Seizures?  I know she wasn't shaking.

thanks

Minta