From:
sandy robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:06:29 -0700
Dooks to all the fuzzies,prayers for all the sick ones,& tears for those
that have gone to the Bridge,

I'd like to ask other fuzzy people if this has ever(hope not) happened to
them.

Last night I'd come in from work at 10:30pm & started giving the fuzzies
their nightly meds.Rikki,MF,F,4-5 has cardiomypathy & has a SuperPet castle
looking hammock,red,yellow,blue,2 levels.I reached in to get her & it was
HOT!!!!!I grabbed Rikki out & she was panting hard.Limp like a rag.I ran
with her to the bathroom to get a cold washcloth to cool her off with.I
kept putting it on her feet & the back of her head.And I'm freaking out.
This is not the way she's supposed to go to the Bridge.I'm crying & I
called my vet & got his assoc,who isn't up on ferrets but works with us to
calm us down.She'd told me to do exactly what I'm already doing.That it
should take 20-30 minutes to see her come back to a normal temp.Which Rikki
did.She just laid her head on my breast & let me pet her.She's always been
a lap fuzzy.But she was ready to eat her gravy in about 45 minutes.She's
been fine since.But has anyone ever had this happen to them with this
hammie?

I plan to cut another hole in both levels to have more air flow.
Please help me help our ferrets,please go to
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=7034&mid=87673
or visit http://www.geocities.com/sandi14r/fuzzslave.html