From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:50:07 -0700
I think that what this person did was AWFUL...mainly because I also keep
mine in the garage.

Why would you take someone's ferrets just because they are housed in a
garage?  (Especially if the garage is connected to the home, as mine is.)

If you had evidence that the ferrets were being abused or neglected, you
should have gone to an animal rescue group and told them about this woman's
practices.  Instead you took it into your own hands.

It's normal to keep a ferret out of the house for some people.  The odor
can be overwhelming for some (it was my housemates who forced me to house
mine in the garage -- despite my attempts to keep the cage spotless it
still had an odor they couldn't tolerate).  It's also more normal in some
countries, such as the UK, for ferrets to be housed outdoors.  (Not that
I'd call a garage outdoors.)

I strongly urge you to return the ferrets.  Otherwise you may face criminal
prosecution, this woman suing you, etc.  From the side of the woman, I know
I would be heart-broken if someone did this to me.  Please think about it,
and if it turns out she IS neglecting or abusing the ferrets, follow the
rule of the law and report her to an animal welfare group or the police.

Anonymous  [AA]