From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:23:55 +0000
Jill is one of our rescue's from last November, we have NO idea of her age
or anything.  She is losing hair on her tail, I told Bob that is a clear
sign of adrenal disease but he says no, that it's shedding time.  This does
not look like shedding, it looks like something is wrong and no hair there,
and I correct in thinking adrenal disease?

I am making her a vet appointment, but I'm not sure if our vet is
experienced in dealing with disease's in ferrets, as they are now just
very popular in my area.  I will do anything in this world to help her, to
keep her from being in pain, and this is very hard on me.  I read all the
time about it on this board and never think it will happen to me this soon,
well, it is and I am a wreck.

If Jill should die un-expectetly, will she know that mommy loves her very,
very much?  Will she know that we were so glad to have her in our home and
apart of our family?  Was she happy here with us, and with her brothers
and sisters?  These are the things on my mind right now.  If my vet isn't
experienced in this, I will travel, doesn't matter how far, to get her the
best treatment as she is worth it, as is all my babies.  If any of you know
of a good vet in PA who is qualified in adrenal disease please, please,
please email me privately with the address and phone number, as it would be
greatly appreciated.

I dont usually ask for anything from you, my dear friends on fml, but I
need to right now.  Please, help me get thru this as I am so upset, I do
not want my Jill to be in any pain, and I want her to know how very much we
love her.  I guess what I am asking for is for all of you, my friends, to
be here to support me emotionally, as we all do for each other in times
of need.  I look at her and just cry, she was very abused by her previous
owner, burnt her with cigarettes and all, so she has only been here with
us for 11 months, and I just pray that she will have forgotten her painful
ordeal and come to know this house and the humans here are full of love.

I am sorry for being so emotional, I am just so worried about my girl.

Please, email me privately at [log in to unmask] with any comments,
suggestions, etc.  I do appreciate all that each one of you do on this
board, and I am so glad I can turn to all of you, knowing you all
understand how I feel.  Hold your babies tight, and give them all a big
kiss for me tonight, cause you just never know when it will be your last
hug and kiss with them.  May Each of you be greatly blessed with your
fuzzie's.

Lynn & Bob
Taz, Sharkie, Jack, Jill, Bootz, DaisyLou