From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:52:58 -0400
Hey All,

First some background for those that dont know and to refresh those that
do.  Noble was a rescue I got in May.  I took him to the vet and he was
given a clean bill of health altho he was lethargic.  We attributed this to
shelter shock.  Over several weeks and then a month, Noble's activity never
increased and he earned the nickname Eeyore.  His disposition was depressed
and sad.  Back to the vets we go.  He is diagnosed with insulinoma.
Prednisone did not help much so we scheduled for surgery.  He was taken off
of pred the day before surgery in preperation.  After only missing one dose
of pred, Noble started gurgling with every breath.  He was rushed to the
vet where he received prednisone, baytril and dex injection.  He improved
to his previous state but a little more lethargic.  An echocardiograph was
scheduled to rule out cardiomyopathy as a heart irregularity was also heard
at this time.  Since then everythin has been very confusing and no real
diagnosis has been made.  Lately the vet is suggesting after consulting
several experts, that Noble has been suffering from a choric lung disorder,
bronchitis, pnuemonia or inflamation (ashma) of some type.  He is scheduled
to go back to the vet again this comming Thurs for more blood tests,
exrays, etc.

Now to complicate Noble's already precarious medical situation, he is
displaying two large lumps on either side of his neck.  They dont seem to
cause him any pain or discomfort.  His activiity level remains low, his
appetite good.  I am hoping this is not something I have overlooked for
awhile, as Noble is getting very large due to prednisone, high appetite
and low activity.  Can anyone give me any information on what these lumps
might portend?  Any and all help is sincerely appreciated.

Fuzzy Blessings,

Karen