From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:19:09 -0400
What should you do, well for starters DO NOT GET A FERRET!  That your
father will not allow it is a HUGE problem, not a small one.  If your Dad
is against it now, just wait until the little fuzzie starts biting and
pooping all over.  (Do not get me wrong, I love ferrets, but you - and all
the people in your household- have to be prepared for the learning that
will take time) My suggestion is to educate your father about ferrets.
Show him how serious you are.  Get material off the web or from library
books that detail ferrets as pets.  If he comes around then introduce him
to ferrets at a shelter or pet store.  (A shelter ferret that is partly
trained could be perfect!) Don't sugarcoat it to make him say yes.  Ferrets
are wonderful pets, but you need to be realistic about their needs.  I wish
you luck.  Inform your father and remember - ferrets are pretty good
charmers!!  But please - convince him first.  He is your father and will
have the final say.  It would be very cruel to bring a ferret into an
unwelcome house only to then have to give him away.

PS Sorry if you already got the cage, supplies, etc But bottom line is it
doesn't matter (although it's good that you were preparing first).  Those
are just things.  The ferret is a living, breathing, feeling animal.  Only
get if if you and your family are ready to accept him/her fully.