From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:23:31 -0400
Adam,

You are not going to get much negativity from the FML folks!  We're mostly
all ferret maniacs! :-)  We however, will tell you the truth when it comes
to "challenges" of being owned by ferrets.

Here are few examples of the things that can be a bit challenging....

1. Getting out the door with all your books or work supplies or the next
presentation with your lunch and car keys and coffee while keeping ferrets
from going out and coffee from getting on you, your papers, and the ferts.

2. Trying not to lose it because that same ferret just can't seem to
understand that the butt goes IN the potty, not beside it.

3. Being exasperated the day after laundry day and you don't have any
socks.  Not any clean socks....but any socks at all.

4. Trying to get some housework, homework, project, etc. done with a
LITTLE peace but all the while being VERY aware of the saddest face in the
world begging for your attention.  Of course, you can't stand it, so you
continue your work and have a fuzzy right there in the mix.  ((I turned
in a paper at school that had orange juice stain paw prints on it.))

5. Learning to live with dug out couches and shoes disappearing and
plastic bags being drug away and your dirty pants being tunneled in and
getting help with everything from cooking to laundry to homework to just
watching TV.

Oh yeah, they like to help with e-maila;hjas;diga;udf'tgioja'osdljf....
ahem....they like to help with e-mails as well.  ;-)

I would say that the only thing that may be very hard and discouraging as
far as ferrets are concerned is the medical attention they have to have
from time to time.  There is still a lot of learning going on in the
veterinary field for ferrets.  There are some great doctors out there, but
a lot of us have to deal with doctors who just haven't had the contact with
ferrets and experience they've had with dogs and cats.

I'll cut it here, because I KNOW your question is going to get a lot of
replies. :-)  Good luck with your new babies and have fun.  They are with
us for such short amounts of time and we must treasure what we do get.

Love to all the fuzzies and their mommies and daddies....

April and the huron ocho....

Luna, Zeus, Hermes, Orion, Poseidon, Venus, Eros, & Sola