From:
Geoff Kessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 04:52:47 -0400
Hello again,

You may remember that a few weeks ago I posted a letter about wood shavings
of all types that were being sold at PETsMART.com in the so called ferret
store.  At the time I asked all of you to please send of an e-mail about
how dangerous wood chips can be to ferrets.

Well I am happy to say that they have changed the page on the ferret shop a
little, but they still haven't done enough sure they have stopped selling
cedar chips in the ferret shop, BUT there still selling pine chips.  I also
have to tell everyone that we received a slap in the face from PETsMART in
there monthly (e-mail) magazine.  Which should really be call a sales paper
not a magazine because it only contains a few articles found at the very
bottom of the page the rest of the thing is just one big sales ad.  The
slap in the face came in the form of an article listed under small pets
titled litter and bedding
((((((http://www.petsmart.com/articles/article_115.shtml))))).  If you take
a look at this article you will see a picture of a ferret that anyone can
see (although I was once a photography student, and can see this stuff a
mile away) appears to have been altered.  In short the ferret in the
picture is laying on wood shavings.  ((SLAP)) Och!  Come on PETsMART when
are you going to learn that ferrets are just that ferrets, and not over
grown hamsters!

To add to the slap in the face, the article has some things to say that
just aren't true.  Don't they know, we know our animals we also know the
facts.  Why do companies sell things for pets that they just don't know
anything about.  I guess it all boils down to the almighty dollar.

I could go on blowing off steam about the treatment that ferret owners
every where are receiving from PETsMART but I have two little fuzz butts
biting on my toes.  Because they want me to stop typing this letter and
go to The Ferret Store the only real ferret shop on the net.

Anyone care to comment on the article I'd love to hear from you,

Geoff
Riki & Daisy