Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 02:35:14 -0400
<snip horrible news about letting animals loose that have no idea how to
fend for themselves>

>What I would like to know is what do you all think of the three
>generations removed statement?

Three generations this year maybe?  Think about how many litters a mom minx
has to have to be 'productive' and how many her choice daughters will have,
add grand daughters, and greats.

This statement could only be true if the farm wild caught minx less than
three years ago, and have limited themeslves to the orignal caught females
and only their daughters and grand daughters, yea right, like they could
make any money that way.  I would expect in 3 years to see great great
great grand daughters having litters.  (about 5 generations)

Even if they are only three genrations removed, thats about 3 too many,
they have not had and training in hunting or practice hunting, they are
not afraid of man, nor his smell.

Of the 300 released I doubt less than 30 will live.  About 10% will figure
out how to feed themselves and avoid preditors and man, along with finding
enough food, that many meat eaters in a small area (the release site is by
defination small, it would take time to expand) will eat every mouse, mole,
and gopher around, and a good portion of the rabbits.

'corse this is my opinion, no warrenty, no refunds, no returns, batteries
not included, may require assmebly etc.

Dwayne Miller