From:
Steve & Melinda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:34:48 -0700
Today September 8, 2000 on the morning news in Fort Wayne, Indiana a ferret
was taken from a house that was condemed.  Police found dirty dishes all
over the kitchen, piles of dirty laundry all over the house, live roaches,
foul odor, bare electrical wires, excreatment all over, and 4 of seven
children were taken into state custody and the other 3 that had already
left for school will be taken into custody.

The Fort Wayne, Indiana animal shelter took into custody 3 dogs, 2 cats
and a ferret.

I am asking that if anyone is near Fort Wayne, Indiana they please contact
this shelter.  I do not know what their regulations are regarding ferrets,
but I do know that here in Warsaw before the Animal Welfare League took
over all ferrets were killed.

Allen County Prevent Animal Cruelty
4914 Hanna St
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
(219) 744-0454

This poor little thing has had to endure a cruel life for who knows how
long and I am hoping someone can rescue him in time to give him a good
loving home.  I just hope this reaches people before it is too late.

If you are wondering why I do not do something if I am so concerned it is
because we already have two ferrets one of which is very old and sick.  We
work long hours and do not have the time it would require to take care of
another ferret.  It would not be fair to our other animals including the
cat and 2 ferrets or the new one.  This neglected ferret in Fort Wayne has
already been neglected it's whole life and deserves A LOT of love and
positive attention.

I thank you all for your time and hope some one will be able to help.

Melinda